Saturday, June 11, 2011

1) Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise-Lis Kessler



Yes, I understand that this is a book aimed at those still in elementary/middle school, but Liz Kessler writes some really wonderful books, okay? Now, here me out!

Here, we once again meet Philippa Fisher and enter another adventure with her fairy godsister, Daisy (I know, I know. Am I loosing you yet? Just wait a tick!). The portal between the fairy world and the human world is threatening to close and essentially, that would cause all hell to break loose. Could everything lose its splendor? Can Philippa and Daisy's friendship be both world's saving grace? Oh, no!

Okay, so. This is the third book in the Philippa Fisher series. While I am a bigger fan of her original series, Emily Windsnap, I thought I would give this series a whirl. The first one was cute, the second one was really quite fun and this third one left me hoping she intends on writing a fourth book. This one just left me...wanting more? I was left sort of disappointed with this one. I was so excited after reading the second one, but this one just wasn't as exciting as I was hoping it would be. The writing is fun and light-hearted, but I just didn't feel the plot was as good as the first two. 

I was going to write more, but I feel that that was sufficient enough. If you like the idea of fairies, this is the series for you. If you're more into mermaids, I would definitely recommend her Emily Windsnap series (I actually kicked someone out of my house the day the fourth one landed on my doorstep). Her books are fun and quick reads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment