Monday, October 31, 2011

48) Paper Towns-John Green


"What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person."

When Quentin Jacobsen and Margo Roth Spiegelman were nine years old when they found a dead body in the park of their neighborhood. After this instance, the two almost never spoke until a month before they're due to graduate high school. Margo Roth Spiegelman shows up at Quentin's window with black face and takes him on a wild adventure ending in the two of them breaking into SeaWorld. The next day, Margo Roth Spiegelman has once again disappeared. But this time is unlike every other time she's gone. This time, she doesn't come back. However, she leaves clues for Quentin that he believes will ultimately lead to finding her. Find her alive? Or find her dead? With the help of his best friends Ben and Radar, they begin to figure out the clues that Margo Roth Spiegelman has left him. Her friend Lacey soon joins in on the wild goose chase. What do the clues mean? Where do they lead? Where in the world is Margo Roth Spiegelman?

This book was really fantastic. It was mysterious, but humorous. Dramatic, but heartfelt. I was happy, I was sad, I was incredibly pissed off at certain points. The mark of a good book sometimes is how involved you can feel and how greatly it can play on your emotions. If that is how you decide on a book, then you have found the right one with this, my friend. The pages can't turn fast enough once you reach the last 25% of the book. "Where are they going? Are we finally going to get answers? The answers are just around the corner, I know it!"

I was so happy that this was an assigned book. It was absolutely amazing. I don't know what I was doing with my life before finally reading John Green. The guy is amazing. He's hysterical, but with a love of thought provoking heart. He stretches across the continent of adolescence and growing up in all of the best ways. I could read his work for days and weeks and months and not get bored. I cannot recommend this book (or John Green) enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment